Serves as outsource CFO for an oil field services company with over $50 million in annual revenues. Services include budget planning, accounting and related tax planning, personnel management, and revenue forecasting.
As CFO, led $60 million leveraged recapitalization for an upstream oil services company with a private equity firm. Services included developing complex internal accounting systems for multiple profit centers, negotiating a $20 million credit facility, and all tax and financial aspects of the capital event.
Commanded development and implementation of complex internal accounting systems and credit facility negotiations for several law firms.
Assisted with the growth and ultimate sale of an energy service company. Revenues grew from $250,000 to $10 million. The company ultimately sold for $7 million. Services ranged from assisting with internal accounting functions and international tax matters to providing information for and negotiating financial aspects of the sale.
Led a five shareholder start-up law firm. Services ranged from developing and implementing internal accounting systems and cash flow projections to all aspects of securing a $1.5 million credit facility.
Implemented and continually assists with the financial management of a multiple entity, closely-held, retail office furniture entity. Services include implementation of financial reporting systems, margins analysis, risk management, and continual tax planning and analysis.
Executed an employee purchase of an established local restaurant.
Education and Professional Background
- Lamar University, B.B.A. in Accounting, 1978
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, 1979
- Main, Hurdman & Cranston (a predecessor to KPMG Peat Marwick), Houston, Texas: 1979-1984
- Davis, Duff & Company, PC: 1984 - 1995
- Founding Member of current Duff Kitchel & Company, P.C. in 1996
Activities and Affiliations
- Awarded, “Top Professional in Accounting,” H Texas, October 2014
- Member, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer, Coastal Conservation Association (CCA)
- Board Member, Harmon Family Foundation
- Board Member, Tanglewood Property Association
Publications and Presentations
- “Business Plan Basics for Starting a Firm,” Texas Lawyer and Small Firm Business, September 2010